Lipslut is an alternative cosmetic company founded in direct opposition to the GOP. Lipslut operates on a philanthropic platform: 50% of each purchase from select products is donated to charity. Co-founders Katie Sones and Ken Gronin sought out a design team to enhance the usability of their e-commerce website and grow their business.
- Provide a better understanding of Lipslut’s philanthropy
- Accommodate more diverse in-line product images
- Foster community
- Improve the user experience of navigation
- Produce a robust content strategy and brand identity
To achieve more reliable research results, I emphasized using ethical research practices and interviewed a diverse group of participants.
- In-person interviews
- Market Research
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Site Mapping
- User Flow Testing
- Customer Development Survey
Customer Mindsets/User Personas
After synthesizing the research, we concluded there were three distinct and key personas:
- Maddi Anderson, an existing and heavy Lipslut user
- Kim, a new Lipslut user
- Shea, a potential Lipslut user
A design studio is the perfect time to gather valuable insights from stakeholders while providing articulated UX advice to the client.
After the design studio with the client, we set up a lo-fi clickable prototype using Figma to test the usability of our designs and finalize our design strategy.
After clarifying the design strategy, I defined a design guideline to ensure consistency across the entire website. This is an important tool both for designers and development teams.
I was responsible for the development of the following pages:
• Charities page (accordion menu for scannability)
• View All products page
• Product Series page (F*CK and Lipslut Lab Series)
• Product detail page (F*CK Trump)
• Charities pop-up on product page
• "Oh F*CK" pop-up
• Create an Account page